The Sena headset requires the firmware that contains the Music Sharing and Speed Dial features.
You can start sharing music with an intercom friend using Bluetooth stereo music during a two-way intercom conversation. When you terminate music sharing, you can go back to the intercom conversation. To start or terminate sharing music, press and hold the Jog Dial for 1 second during an intercom conversation until you hear a double beep and you and your intercom friend will listen to or terminate sharing music. To track forward or track back, rotate while pressing down the Jog Dial clockwise or counter clockwise.
1. Both you and your intercom friend can remotely control music playback during music sharing such as track forward and track back.
2. When you have an incoming call, make a phone call, or hear the turn-by-turn voice instruction of GPS during music sharing, the function will be paused.
3. In order to share music, make sure that you update both headsets with the firmware that has the music sharing feature, and enable the EDR
setting in the Sena Device Manager.
Here is a video on how use Music Sharing. http://youtu.be/GJ9iQwdq1vE
- Assigning Speed Dial to a Sena headset
1. To assign a phone number as a speed dial, rotate the Jog Dial until you hear a voice prompt saying “Speed dial”.
2. Tap the Phone Button, and you will hear a voice prompt saying “Speed dial one” and “Phone connected”.
3. Rotate the Jog Dial to select one of three speed dial numbers and you hear a voice prompt saying “Speed dial (#)”.
4. Call a phone number you want to assign and you will hear a voice prompt saying “Save speed dial (#)”. The phone number is automatically assigned to the selected speed dial number. Then the phone call will hang up before being connected.
5. To exit the menu, rotate the Jog Dial clockwise or counter clockwise until you hear a voice prompt saying “Cancel”, and tap the Phone Button to confirm. You will then hear a voice prompt saying “Cancel”. If any button is not pressed within 1 minute, the SMH5 will exit the configuration menu and go back to stand-by mode.
1. After assigning a phone number to one of three speed dials, you can continually assign another phone number to the rest of two speed dials.
2. You can assign phone numbers to speed dials in your PC. Please visit the Sena Bluetooth web site at www.SenaBluetooth.com for more information.
- Using the Speed Dial on a Sena headset:
You can quickly make a phone call by using the voice speed dial menu.
1. To enter into the voice speed dial menu, double tap the Phone Button and you will hear a mid-tone single beep and a voice prompt saying “Speed dial”.
2. Rotate the Jog Dial clockwise or counter-clockwise to navigate between the menus. You will hear voice prompts for each menu items.
3. Tap the Phone Button or the Jog Dial to select a voice menu among the followings:
(1) Last number redial (4) Speed dial 3
(2) Speed dial 1 (5) Cancel
(3) Speed dial 2
4. After selecting the last number redial menu, you will hear a voice prompt saying “Last number redial”. Then, to redial the last phone call number, tap the Phone Button or the Jog Dial.
5. To call one of the speed dials, rotate the Jog Dial clockwise or counter-clockwise to navigate between the menus until you hear a voice prompt saying “Speed dial (#)”. Then, tap the Phone Button or the Jog Dial
6. If you want to exit the speed dial immediately, rotate the Jog Dial until you hear a voice prompt saying “Cancel”, and tap the Phone Button or the Jog Dial. If any button is not pressed within 15 seconds, the SMH5 will exit the voice speed dial menu and goes back to stand-by mode.
Make sure that you should connect the mobile phone and the headset in order to use the speed dial function.